Monday, February 7, 2011

Oh my word

This week has been a WEEK. I'll bullet point it to save you the blabber

*Tuesday was the biggest meltdown Brando and I have had in a loooong time. Reverting back to eighteen or nineteen year old methods of arguing meltdown. Pathetic. Went over to Li's house and cried on her bed. She had just gotten done crying herself as the tension is so high between her sister and her who live together as Li is considering moving away to her hometown and M is not happy about it. Fortunately, B and I are on the mend. I went on immediate damage control and let my girlfriends know so that I had some space to do what we needed to. Good thing, too, cause their weeks ended up being just as horrendous as mine and I wouldn't have had the energy to support them and what I needed to do as well. This week I'm going on helping girlfriends recover time while still trying to manage the balance of family as well. Will let you know how that goes.

*Thursday Brando and I argued back and forth all day about what went down Tuesday night and came to somewhat of an agreement.

*Friday we were back on the same pageish. I found out my childhood BF's brother's heart stopped and they induced a coma to keep him alive. It snowed in Texas. Justinbustin walked half a mile in the cold in the evening and came home with a sore throat and a fever.

*Saturday we stayed home all day due to Justinbustin being sicked. Ended up cooking at home Saturday night instead of going out, which saved us a buttload of money.

*Sunday we spent that buttload of money we saved on remedies for Justinbustin. I found out my Dad had been in the ER the night before - fortunately it turned out it was for kidney stones and he bought himself a giant teddy bear for being in the hospital. I also found out Li is staying for the next year (yay!) which had been throwing me off as well thinking of her moving back to her hometown and her sister, M, moving into another apartment away from me. I have come to lean on them living next door so much, I really need to separate myself from that for when they really do move next year - or we do. In addition I found out Li's second mother, her nanny from childhood, passed away Friday. On top of that my childhood BF's brother's heart stopped again and they had to restart it again. They have to decide whether to let him live or die if it stops again as the chance is high he will be a vegetable if it does. Pray that it doesn't stop again.

*Today I finally caught up with my BFF, KT, after I hadn't talked to her all week due to damage control on my part from Tuesday's blowout. Turns out her week was miserable as well. Her childhood BF's dad passed away on Friday, her birthdays along with her sisters' birthdays and her dad's are all within the span of a month and these are the first birthdays without her mom here. She's having issues with binge eating to mask her emotions. Fortunately, we had an amazing hour long conversation and agreed it's a new week! She texted me this morning like she always does and I finally decided enough is enough and had to pick up the phone and call her to catch each other up. So glad I did. She always puts things in perspective for me. I love KT & PSD time - however we get ot have it.

So that's my crazy heck of a weekend. No, I haven't been tracking, but fortunately my weight is staying the same. I love the way I feel when I eat healthy and I've been attempting to maintain it. I did splurge on chips, guac, and hummus last night but not having dinner made up for it. Plus, I love how healthy fresh guac is with tomato, onion, lime juice, and garlic! Red pepper hummus is delicious as well. And Kettle Chips are delicious and as natural as a potato chip can get, thank goodness. Having my morning cup of coffee now, and can't wait to eat a huge bowl of fruit salad and snack on fresh cut up veggies all day. Weight Watchers introduced a new plan that takes into account good calories versus bad and makes most fruit 0 points which means I can eat fruit salad all day mixed in with veggies and feel totally full and satisfied without straying. Yum!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! You poor thing. I hope this week is a million times better.

    I love just plain tortilla chips... corn, oil & salt. Love the simple 3 ingredients! I snack on those with guac or hummus or salsa for some meals :) Mmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GFF - That sounds delish. I love snacks with simple ingredients, too! Found out that's why my Mom always ate Fritos - pretty much just corn and salt. Love the idea of eating tortilla chips with hummus. Yum!

    ReplyDelete