Thursday, February 3, 2011

Where did my ten years go?

I just realized that while other young people who have not been married and had kids for the last ten years have been going to school, cultivating their tastes, styles in homes, clothes, and travelling, I have been raising a kid. Two, actually. So going to school, cultivating tastes, have gone to naught. I have cultivated a little taste in clothes, but the house stuff has gone straight to the kids. Literally. The money and thought for house things goes to the kids. Not that I'm complaining. It's just a realization I had, and one that helps me be more okay with not being further along with design skills. Now that they are more grown (albeit they have become young adults and we're about to hit middle school here - yikes!) I have a little time to think of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment