Friday, March 4, 2011

What a day

I discovered I *am* superwoman, after being so adamant that I didn't want to be :) .

SO much happened today, only a bullet list will do it justice:

*Had an appointment with a chiropractor this morning for my back and was scared sh*tless - last time I had a chiropractor crack my back I was in MISERY until I went to the doctor and had muscle relaxants and pain killers. This time I went the opposite route and have still been in misery. I finally realized the chiropractor more than likely DID help last time - but my muscles were adjusting so they were sore until my back healed. I've got to do a whole post on this guy over on PSD, but, in short, he was amazing. Found out some interesting things and he cracked EVERYthing. I was still nervous as heck and he told me to take 4 advil, which I haven't yet because I had to drop Justinbustin off to go camping later and didn't want to be loopy, which leads me to...

*Stopped by Costco to see about getting some kind of liquid I will actually drink on a regular basis since I told the doc that I drink three diuretics (tea, coffee, wine) and water - and I only guzzle it then, all of which is apparently giving me muscle spasms like crazy, since yeah, my muscles don't actually have the water they're made of. Hmm.

*Ate lunch at Costco

*Washed my car

*Picked the boys up from school

*Brought the boys home, set Justinbustin to packing

*Groomed the dog - and by groomed I mean, bathe, haircut with the buzzers, nail trim, and eyes cleaned

*Cleaned up above mess

*Drove in an hour and a half of traffic to drop Justinbustin off

*Drove away and got a flat about three miles away

*Started in on putting on the spare myself since I couldn't get a hold of Brando and my bro-in-law was being grumpy and I told him don't worry about helping if he was so grumpy

*So relieved when my bro-in-law called and apologized for being a "selfish jerk" (his words) and asked if he could please come up help SHawners and I

*Learned how to put on a spare tire, thanks to him teaching us when he got there

*Appreciated the help of the guy whose driveway we pulled into when he came out (doh! totally didn't think of knocking on the door - but who knows it could've been totally strange people)

*Met Brando at Costco, got new tires on the car and two new storage ottomans/gorgeous coffee tables for a STEAL

*Grocery shopped at Costco while we were at it

*Came home, set up the coffee tables and moved the old coffee table to the garage

*And I'm STILL going - usually ANYthing I j did besides sit at the computer or be driven around by Brando knocked me exhausted and miserable onto my bed - I'm so glad I decided to go ahead and have the chiropractor adjust me today. I met with him yesterday and had the x-rays today and was wary about being adjusted, but after reseeing my old chiropractor experience in that new light, I decided to go ahead and get it done asap. He also has a physical therapy setup in his office so I did some physical therapy afterwards. I'm not completely ache free, but I am definitely not miserable and still completely functional. Oh, and the chiro doc said I could do swimming, biking, hiking, walking - low impact activities, just no weights. Fine by me - I don't do weights any way (unless you count the weights of what it takes to maintain a household of four).

*Side note on the x-rays - my booty CRACK showed up on the low back x-ray. Wha-what?! Are you serious?! SO embarrassing, lol, but I got over it after jokingly putting my hand over it after I asked him, "Is that my booty ?" He said he doesn't even see it anymore - sure@ Embarrassing note aside, I totally didn't think skin showed up on x-ray!

I apologize for any typos. My contacts are blurring up and I can't see the screen! Off to bed and to take them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment