Monday, November 15, 2010

So so so content

This has been a strange year of many changes. Moving from house to apartment, renting out said house, losing our best couple friends but in the process learning how to have healthy arguments, our debt being paid off, finally getting on the same page with money & uniting on everything we do with it, falling out of love with social events, rediscovering my love of my husband, renewing our vows, contemplating where we go from here income wise, accepting aging & signs of it, no longer feeling like I can use my oft used phrase "we're so young", realizing money priorities are different for everyone at different times especially for windfalls - in the past mine have been clothing, travel, & going out at different times respectively - currently they may be trending towards making my home a retreat to come home to that is comfortable as well as aesthetically pleasing.

So. Lots of changes. I'm sure there's more to list, but that's off the top of my head.

2 comments:

  1. Reading your blogs brings up so many emotions... excitement, nervousness (because I have no idea what my 30s will bring or even what state we'll be living in), contemplation... a lot of introspection. It's so hard for me to sit down and think about myself and these things right now. I don't know if I'm just in denial about entering my 30s or what, but I have felt too busy/tired/exhausted for introspection.

    Your posts often open my eyes/heart to things (sorry, I know that sounds really cheesy) that I've been ignoring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, having little ones around definitely leaves little energy for the type of deep introspection that's almost forced upon you as they're older. The boys becoming adults has affected me in such a way that I have to look deep inside myself to figure out what I'm handing over to them. Not to mention my own girl insecurities.

    It's neat to hear that about my own posts - I love when that happens to me as I read other people's posts, including quite a few of yours. I'll pray for your 30s. Will you pray for mine? I do love that we're going into this together - and for me quite a few of my other girlfriends.

    ReplyDelete