Tuesday, November 23, 2010

DAMMIT

I completely, totally, one hundred percent forgot I had my government class yesterday. My parents are in town, the boys were off school, and it was Brando's one day off this week (besides the actual day of Thanksgiving) so I was in total vacation mode and it just COMPLETELY SLIPPED MY MIND. I am SO MAD AT MYSELF and trying not to be. The worst part is I was sleeping in!!! So I TOTALLY could've gone. It wasn't even like I missed a fabulous family breakfast like we had on Sunday when Brando made us an omelette buffet and made us omelettes to order. I SLEPT IN. I have an exam next Wednesday so now I will have to work twice as hard to make up for it once my parents take off. AND, UGH, I just realized I have a class next Monday too when my parents are taking off for the airport. AND a paper due that day. I guess I'm glad I'm writing this out so I can realize what I need to get done.

I've realized I have a HUGE PROBLEM when my schedule changes. I FORGET EVERYTHING I REGULARLY HAVE TO DO. Seriously, I don't know how many "regular" things I do that I have just completely utterly dropped when my schedule changes in the slightest, i.e. doing Wednesday folders for Justinbustin's class when I stopped volunteering on Wednesdays and Shawners had a field trip that day. I remembered Shawner's Wednesday folders, I even helped the Mom delivering spirit gear that morning. Just completely forgot Justinbustin's class!! Until the next morning even!

Much like this government class yesterday. Totally didn't realize I'd forgotten til' I woke up at 8am and panicked cause I thought I had to be in class in an hour. Then realized it was YESTERDAY I was supposed to be in class.

Ugh.

NOTE TO SELF (which I've made before, but maybe I'll actually follow it this time): Put on calendar and set alerts for regular events when something different is happening that day.

Just put it on the calendar for next week. I wonder what other regular events I might be forgetting in the meantime.

Ugh.

3 comments:

  1. I have to write EVERYTHING down, even little things. Church, my core sculpt I take every week, each Zumba class (or even little workouts), errands, etc. Otherwise I forget it all and I'm a big mess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew, that's good to hear - especially fro
    someone who does SO much. I thought I was just losing it! I guess it doesn't make sense though for anybody to keep all those balls in the air without writing anything down. Thanks for the empathy support girl!

    ReplyDelete