Monday, November 1, 2010

How much is genes? How much is nature?

How much is parents? How much is environment? How much is choice?

Where do my kids get their love of dancing from? It's not in my genes. It's in Shawner's genes, but Justinbustin is the first one on the dance floor. Is it because I love it now? Is it choice? Is it the environment that I love it now?

To know things you have to be taught, or have observed, or innately know and one day be confirmed. Kids who aren't taught or aren't given a chance to observe have less variety. I've always had that belief. About my kids. About myself. The thing is, I don't feel like my kids have had much more chance to observe, be taught, or experience more than I did. Yet they have SO much more variety than I did. How much of it is choice?

I am so grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment