Monday, November 15, 2010

More Best Friendly Advice

On getting older, and feeling confident about myself...

Do what YOU want. Don't care what others think. Wear makeup or not, wear the clothes you want. Do what YOU want, not what others think. Listen to the friends who will be honest with you and won't tell you something looks good when they really don't think it does.

Her examples?

She wants me to come to Cali longer and said, "I think you should come to Cali and stay longer because I want to see you." As I reply, "That's why I can't decide if I want to stay longer or not," she goes, "See? It doesn't matter what I want, it's what YOU want. You need to do what YOU want to do, not what I want you to do."

Her other example? She's wearing a white dress today. She doesn't care that you're not supposed to wear white after Labor Day, it's hotter than it's been all summer in Cali, and darn it all if she isn't wearing a white dress because she wants to.

I swear that girl gives the BEST pep talks - not even really pep talks - LIFE talks. I can mention a problem to her and she will go on for an hour about how I need to do what's best for me, and she will line it out exactly as I need to hear it.

She's my sister from another mother. She's in our family photos, her kids call me aunt, my kids call her aunt. I am so incredibly grateful to have her in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment