Thursday, May 24, 2012

Along the lines

of what happened to me:


http://emeryjo.blogspot.com/2008/02/chemical-pregnancy.html

More on it here:

http://www.babyhopes.com/articles/chemical-pregnancy.html

http://miscarriage.about.com/od/onetimemiscarriages/p/chemicalpreg.htm

If you read those articles, welcome to our world of confusion.

Only my blame would be the hike I did before it started. But there really isn't any blame.

As the first comment said, God has a bigger plan than we can imagine. Yes, He does.

Next time I won't be telling *any*one until way past the eighth week. This is way too confusing to tell people.

To make it even more confusing, here is what I just texted to one friend after the ultrasound:

Okay. Update. There was no baby or gestational sac in the uterus. Chances are it was a very early miscarriage called a chemical pregnancy where the sperm and egg meet but doesn't implant properly and doesn't start to form even though hormone levels go up and the body starts to prepare itself. OR we could be in very early stages of pregnancy because of the size of the uterus, but not likely because of the bleeding even though I still had a positive pregnancy test yesterday. Welcome to our world of confusion. Only option now is to wait til the bleeding stops and keep taking pregnancy tests until we get a negative or go back in if they remain positive. Thanks for your support it means a lot. I am doing okay because God has a bigger plan than we can image [yes, I totally used the commenters words. they seemed fitting and i couldn't seemed to find words of my own that weren't too final or not enough].


2 comments:

  1. I don't think there is anything wrong with telling people as soon as you know. I confided in a very distant (but yet very dear) friend from the get go, and it helped keep me sane as my mind was filled with thoughts and emotions all over the map. As girls, I think we NEED this outlet. Also, the chance of miscarriage is greatest until week 12 (and really, there are no guarantees as something can happen at any point)....but 12 weeks is a long time to try to keep it in! After talking to my sister, she told me something that I agree with 100%: "If something bad happens, when you keep it to yourself, you grieve alone, but when you share it with friends, you grieve together." I recently read something similar like, "When you share your happiness, it doubles. When you share your saddness, it is halved."

    And please know you aren't alone. Unfortunately this is so so so common that so so so many women deal with. My sister miscarried with her second pregnancy, and then after, she immediately got pregnant again with Andrew who was born in February.

    If there is ANYTHING you need, please let me know. We're here for yall in any way you need!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I'm so sorry love. :( So devestating. I don't know what to say, except that I'm praying for you and your family. Keep your faith. If you need anything, let me know. We'll have to write soon. I miss you. :(

    <3 Ash

    ReplyDelete