Friday, March 12, 2010

Cut Justinb's Hair today

Justinb has had long hair since way too long ago when Brando's Mom took him to get his haircut and let him have it long to look cool. Since then it's been in their face, they're constantly swishing it out of their faces, and it's been long and sweaty. I just discovered it was tangly, too, as I combed it out before I cut it. Justinb had a complete meltdown as I cut his bangs out of his eyes as I expected he would. Which is why I have avoided taking him to get a haircut or cutting it at home - to avoid the meltdown. I finally decided I would rather deal with the meltdown at home rather than at the salon and cut his bangs myself. After melting down he came back to me a few minutes later saying, "I look ridiculous." I agreed, and let him know that had he not cried and moved his head he would look less ridiculous, like his brother, whose bangs I also cut and could still sweep to the side. He came to me a few minutes later and asked me to cut the rest short and had a great attitude the whole time, saying it looked better (not better than the long hair, just better with the bangs I cut). So, is it weird I feel like I picked a battle with him and won? It was like taking control over his hair instead of letting looking cool be the priority put things in perspective for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment