Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Another Emotional Week

My emotions have been like a roller coaster lately. Up, down, all around, I never know where they are going. It's about time to start again I imagine.

Adding more pressure is our trip coming up. So excited, nervous, scared, stressed, not sure what to think. We talked about taking this trip back in January. But with my brain fried from the full time semester I didn't have the strength or energy to conjure up a new trip so when Brando suggested the place we went last year I wearily said yes and went forward with it.

Now as the trip is getting closer, crazy me thinks we are wasting our time going to a place we've already been. Yes, that's my irrational thinking. I'd rather be taking a road trip up and down California's coast, staying in a cabin in Lake Tahoe and skiing, or going to France to visit Brando's friends. But I did not have the energy to plan any of those, and so here we are going to a place we've already been.

On the bright side, thanks to my fabulous girlfriends who inspired me to experience the trip on a deeper level, rather than just a surface level of every single thing like we did last time, girlfriends that bring Prosecco, yogurt covered pretzels, and trail mix to help me pack, and a hubby that makes us brownies while said girlfriend and I are packing, I'm getting a little excited.

My mother-in-law also had some wise advice for me today. I wish it would soak in more, though. She said I create my own stress by getting overwhelmed about every little thing I have to do before we go. Which I do. For the record, the list this time around was buy makeup, get a haircut, have a facial (which is not happening), do my nails (already did), pack, give the boys haircuts (also not happening) and have the house clean. Unfortunately my mother always freaked out about having the house clean before leaving on a trip and I'm afraid I've inherited that trait.

Not to mention feeling like I have to have every. single. thing. in. order. before I go. This time having the dogs bathed, the overdue yard landscaped, the dryer fixed, and the house cleaned counts for having every single thing in order. Of which I only have the house cleaned. But, as my mother-in-law put it, having the house cleaned was my gift to myself. And I love feeling like I have nothing to do tonight after arriving home to a clean house.

Through all of this I am slowly getting more excited, yet more nervous at the same time.

1 comment:

  1. I am the same way about leaving a clean house for when you return.

    Hope you can get everything done and ENJOY your vacation!!

    ENJOY THE MOMENT WHILE YOU ARE THERE. Any worries, can be worried about when you get back home. :o)

    ReplyDelete