Friday, August 27, 2010

Response to a post

Comment to a post by Tolly, only it was too long to leave as a comment. She posted on the subject of feeling the need to document every. single. moment. in life and share it with the world via Twitter, Gowalla, her blog, etc:

Tolly, I hear you. Even when I'm not blogging, I'm busy facebooking my life or otherwise making my life known. When i go on vacation, I really do unplug from it all, and then when I get back people think I'm still on vacation from all the pictures I post! I would like to get that way in real life - even if only for a day, or a week, but, unfortunately, I get caught up into being plugged into at least ONE outlet. It's interesting I'm reading this just now, because I decided today to try and stop my constant checking online of any social media. I restricted access on my iphone to my browser, facebook app, and app store from my iphone, and guess what I haven't used any of them all day, except to look up types of birds and fowls for the boys. And read blogs. Which I haven't done in depth (as in actually think about responding and leaving comments) in a reallllly long time since I've been too busy checking other forms of social media in my spare moments.

2 comments:

  1. The only place I document my life these days is my blog. I have REALLY pulled back on facebook and am hardly ever on there. Since my blog is (for the most part) "anonymous", that's where I spill everything and document everything and vent everything. And when I go on vacation, I too, completely unplug nowadays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goldlilocks - Hmmm, that's a good point. I used to be completely comfortable spilling my details to my blog until I got caught up in twitter, facebook, and in town bloggers.

    ReplyDelete